Courage to Be Healed
Finding Hope to Restore Your Soul
The altered life begins at the altar. But it doesn’t end there.
Here is a simple truth: hurt people hurt people. The damaged do damage to others and to themselves. They become toxic, and their toxicity spills over into the lives of those around them, leaving a trail of broken relationships, squandered opportunities, and shattered dreams. Hurting souls can and often do become suicidal and self-destructive.
This is not a “quick fix” book, but one that illumines the need for, and very real hope for, inner healing. Delve into stories of people finding healing, and understand each stage of the process, including the following:
- Honestly confronting the past
- Facing and accepting painful realities
- Forgiving ourselves as well as the “unforgivable” deeds of others
- Dealing with disappointment and forgiving God for unmet expectations, unanswered prayers, and unfulfilled dreams
- Stories of people seeking and finding healing
Many go to church or preach in a church every Sunday while living lives of unuttered, soul-deadening despair. Part of the reason they never get help is a prevailing religiosity that presupposes that sin and repentance are the cause of and the answer to all the soul’s distress. While salvation or the baptism of the Spirit are the first steps to healing hurt souls, these experiences may not do all that needs to be done. The altered life may well begin at an altar, but it may need to continue in a counseling office.Dr. Mark Rutland’s Courage to Be Healed is a doorway of hope for hurting souls and for those who love them.
This book will give you inner healing through Spirit-led counseling, prayer, Bible reading, and the power of God's grace.
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9781629996479
- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Publisher: Charisma House (September 3, 2019)
- Size: 9 x 6 in
- Language: English