Why Your Heart Is Your Sunday Best
HOLINESS ISN'T JUST WHAT YOU SEE ON SUNDAYS.
“I see you over there worshiping but, you know, you’re going to have to get that piercing out of your eyebrow.” —CHURCHGOER
The Bible says God looks at the heart (1 Sam. 16:7) and we are called to do the same. But there are still Christians who look at the piercings, clothes, and tattoos of people before even looking at their hearts. Not only do their relationships suffer, but their churches do too, as attendance declines and a culture of appearance-based morality creeps in.
Apostle Matthew L. Stevenson III exposes the traditions that root us in religiosity and prevent us from spreading the good news. Learn how to:
- Avoid judging others based on their appearances
- Extend the grace God has so richly extended to us
- Recognize the difference between judgment and discernment
- Demonstrate the Gospel in a way that draws others to Jesus
- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Charisma House (May 28, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1629997080
- ISBN-13: 978-1629997087
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.3 x 7 inches